The Perks of Rainy Weekends





This Saturday morning in Sydney it was bucketing down in rain. As usual, I woke up at 8am to get to my 9am gym class. The gloomy weather inspired me to write this post and share with you how I turn what appears to be a negative day, into a positive one.

1. Get up and get moving!

Trust me, I know how tempting it is to stay in your warm, cosy bed for hours whilst its cold and pouring with rain outside. Only recently have I realised how good it feels to go do some exercise early, which gives you a great excuse to chill out later. So get up out of bed and go to the gym! Don't have a gym membership? Try these great exercises you can do at home here.

Exercise can leave your body feeling alive as it increases blood flow circulation and delivers more oxygen throughout your body. It also gives you confidence and is scientifically proven to make you feel happier as it releases happy chemicals into your brain, called Dopamine.

2. Chill Out!

Rainy days are a great excuse to catch up on your favourite TV shows (mines Game of Thrones!), or read a book. I know that for me, when it's raining I feel less guilty about not going out and know that I'm not really missing out on that much. Besides, you've just worked your butts off this morning and deserve it! ;)

3. Do something Productive!

Just because it's raining doesn't mean you can be a couch potato the whole day. Whilst I am still at university, I like to take advantage of rainy days to catch up on homework and assignments. If you have nothing to do, maybe try a little spring cleaning or reorganising your bedroom? I know that when I have accomplished something, big or small,  I feel better about the gloomy weather.


Thanks for reading,
Carla xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment